Parenting is like the stock market. You invest a lot with very little return sometimes. When you do hit, however, you hit big with greater returns that you'd hoped for.--Mamma

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finally, the movie has been made.

With much joy and excitement, I finished our Gotcha Day movie for Pumpkin. With the adoption, our moves, new jobs and simply raising a baby, the movie has been patiently waiting on my to-do list. With Pumpkin in school and no work for my business, I set out to make our movie.

I had kept a photo scrapbook of almost everything we did throughout our adoption journey and finally I put them to use. The project took me about 10 hours of work, including learning my Nero software and looking for photographs in the tens of CDs and DVDs I have stored in my office. When the project was completed (thanks in large part to NERO on-line support staff), I tearfully looked upon our memories with a joyous heart.

In looking back, I cannot believe how much Pumpkin has grown and changed in the two years since she entered our lives. She is growing and developing at a rapid pace and, despite her 3-year-old tantrums, we love her more each day. Not that it isn't very trying at times, but she is just something else to behold.

So, I am posting our story and DH and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It took us longer than we'd hoped, caused a lot of tears and stress, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I gave up hope more than once. Adopting Pumpkin was the experience of a lifetime with a beautiful miracle waiting for us on the other side of the world. I guess sometimes there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, after all.

No comments:

The Giggles Girl

Leena on the Coffee Table

Leena's First Taste of Cheese in a Can

Leena Climbing Steps