Parenting is like the stock market. You invest a lot with very little return sometimes. When you do hit, however, you hit big with greater returns that you'd hoped for.--Mamma

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Family Day 2009

Our second anniversary of the day Pumpkin joined our family has arrived. Hardly seems real that two years have passed so quickly. I can see it in the baby that is now becoming a little girl. I can hear it in the words and stories and songs that my daughter spews forth daily. I can even see it in the photographs that I've recently been looking at. I just can't get my mind or heart around it. While there are days when I love the slight independence Pumpkin has begun to show, there are also days when I just don't want my baby to grow up. When I hold her (on those rare occasions when lifting her doesn't break me), she just feels so good in my arms. Then, again, don't all children?

In a world that is inundated with horrible people who do horrible things to each other and sometimes kids, even within the adoption community, I cannot think of anything so great as the love I have for my little September Miracle. Just yesterday she told me, "I don't like you" for the first time and truthfully it stung. I told her it hurt my feelings and she apologized and gave me a hug asking if we could still be friends. Time will tell on that one.

Today is a day of joy and remembrances of a people worldwide who were handed a baby or child and in one instant began life anew. Happy Family Day to everyone who adopted their precious children on September 17.

No comments:

The Giggles Girl

Leena on the Coffee Table

Leena's First Taste of Cheese in a Can

Leena Climbing Steps